Everyone knows that Spanish cities are well known for the excellent weather, the excellent food and for being tourist-friendly. However, these cities receive millions of tourists during the year giving, as a result, more competition in the tourism and hotel industry, higher prices and less availability. This is why Airbnb may be a good solution to check. In this post, the two main cities of Spain, Madrid and Barcelona, are analysed.
- Listings file: This file includes how many rooms, beds and bathrooms has, which amenities are included, how many accommodates can be in that property, the property type, the room type, the price of the property, the coordinates where is located, the district where is located and some more.
- Calendar file: This file includes each property during 2021 if is available or not and with the price of the day.
- Reviews file: This file includes the user’s opinion of the property. This file is not used in this project.
The Airbnb from Madrid has 20352 properties and the Airbnb Barcelona has 19641 listings with 74 columns with information of it as previously mentioned.
After observing both datasets is time to put some questions over the table to answer by analysing the data:
1. Are the Airbnb prices more or less expensive than the average price of a hotel in Barcelona or Madrid?
2. How much will people pay during the year 2021 if they travel to Barcelona or Madrid?
3. What type of accommodations are available and which are the most popular amenities?
4. When is the best time to visit Barcelona and Madrid?
5. Which features better describe the accommodation price?