Globomantics is an analytics firm which handles computer vision projects for object detection, image classification, and image segmentation. Your role as a Data Architect is to stream real time video feeds from a source to AWS for further analytics. You’ll create a Kinesis Video Stream where live video feeds will later be ingested
- Log in to the AWS Console.
- Under Find Services, type in and then click Kinesis Video Streams.
- Click on Create.
- For Video stream name enter VP52M8OQZ10HOQRB, and click on Create video stream.
You will be at the Video streams page for VP52M8OQZ10HOQRB, and in the Video stream info tab the Status will be Active.
- In the upper-left click Services, then type in and click on EC2.
- Click on Instances (running) and select the instance AnalyticsEngine.
- Click on Connect, and at the EC2 Instance Connect tab click Connect. Note: A new browser tab (or window) will open to a Linux command prompt. The EC2 was created for you when you started this lab, and the OS is Ubuntu.
- At the command prompt enter git clone https://github.com/ps-interactive/lab_aws_implement-data-ingestion-solution-using-amazon-kinesis-video-streams.git Note: This clones the Amazon Kinesis Video Streams Producer SDK at the path /home/ubuntu.
- Now enter cd lab_aws_implement-data-ingestion-solution-using-amazon-kinesis-video-streams/
Enter the following commands:
sudo apt update -y sudo apt install maven -y sudo apt install default-jdk -y sudo apt install git-all -y
Note: Enter the commands in the given order. They install the required applications to build and run the producer.
- To compile and assemble the producer, enter the command mvn clean compile assembly:single
- Run the following command with your access key:
java -classpath target/amazon-kinesis-video-streams-producer-sdk-java-1.11.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar -Daws.accessKeyId=<Access Key ID> -Daws.secretKey=<Secret Access Key> -Dkvs-stream=VP52M8OQZ10HOQRB -Djava.library.path=/home/ubuntu/lab_aws_implement-data-ingestion-solution-using-amazon-kinesis-video-streams/src/main/resources/lib/ubuntu/ com.amazonaws.kinesisvideo.demoapp.DemoAppMain
DEBUG lines will be output, indicating the creation of a continuous flow of video frames to the video stream you made in the last challenge.
- Back in the AWS Console browser tab, in the upper-left click Services, then type in and click on Kinesis Video Streams.
- In the left-hand menu click Video streams, then click on the VP52M8OQZ10HOQRB link.
- Expand the Media playback section.
You’ll observe real time video feeds from the producer library, which you will see as a video of a building with passing traffic.